Words are cool, but we all know that men are more about actions than sentiments. Here are some essential ways to show your man just how much you love him.
- Let him be himself. Making him comfortable enough to be himself—all of himself—is the best way to let him know that you love all of him.
- Remember the details. Whether it’s the make and model of his dream car, his favorite number (and the story behind it) or what size pants he wears, he’ll be excited if you keep track of the little things that are important to him and put them to use when they matter.
- Give him your undivided attention. Yes, you’re a natural multitasker, but putting down your phone or turning off the kitchen faucet and focusing on him when he needs to talk will show him that you prioritize his needs and the time you get to spend together.
- Do your own thing. Spending time with your own people and pursuing your own passions leaves him time to do his own thing, too. It’s not good for either of you to monopolize each other’s every waking minute, and being with other folks will make the time you are together that much better.
- Anticipate his needs. Whether it’s fresh coffee in the morning or a long hug at the end of his shift, knowing what he needs—and giving it to him—speaks volumes.
- Relinquish control. He lived a whole bunch of years before he met you, and he didn’t die. Do him the courtesy of not trying to run his life. Remembering that you are not his mama will show him that you trust him to be the man he knows he can be.
- Compliment him. Pop culture likes to tell us that women are the vain ones, but we know a whole lot of men who get gassed off sincere compliments. Don’t be stingy with them.
For more love tips, go to BET.