Vitamin C is an essential nutrient primarily found in fruits and vegetables. The best sources of Vitamin C include foods like oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and more. Since fruits and vegetables are common, Vitamin C deficiency is rare in the U.S. However, individuals with dietary restrictions or specific gastrointestinal issues can benefit from a Vitamin C supplement.
Vitamin C supplements come in various forms, from capsules, gummies, or even powder. Each offers a different amount of Vitamin C and may contain other vitamins for a more significant health boost. But which one is right for you? Here are seven of the best Vitamin C supplements for 2022.
Top Vitamin C Supplements
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), most people need 75-90 mg of Vitamin C daily.
- Best for vegans: Care/of Vitamin C
- Best for a multivitamin: Ritual Postnatal
- Best for most dietary requirements: Persona Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids
- Best for a liquid vitamin: Pure Encapsulations Liposomal Vitamin C Liquid
- Best for a powder vitamin: Life Extension Buffered Vitamin C Powder
- Best for a chewable vitamin: NOW Supplements Orange Chewable Vitamin C-500
- Best for a gummy: Nordic Naturals Vitamin C Gummies
This list is a great start to jumpstart your Vitamin C supplement journey. Always consider the quality of the ingredients, the dosage needed, and potential interactions. In addition, a Vitamin C dose of over 2,000 mg per day may cause the following side effects:
- abdominal cramps
How do you get your recommended amount of Vitamin C? Comment below!