Don’t get horizontal without answering these questions
Before sex with a new partner, get the answers to these questions. Experts suggest sharing your own history first to make this fact-finding mission seem less like an inquisition.
- What’s your HIV status?
- Have you ever had a sexual transmitted infection (STI)? Were you treated?
- How many partners have you had since you were last tested for HIV and other STIs?
- Have you been diagnosed with an STI in the past six months?
- If you have genital warts or herpes, are you having outbreaks? Are you being treated?
- Do you have any problem using a condom?
- Do you have a latex allergy?
- What kind of birth control are you currently using?
- What sexual activities do you prefer?