Deodorant is a standard household beauty product that most people cannot live without. Brands such as Dove, Secret, and Lume have made their way into our hearts and home. But did you know about the Black-owned deodorant brands out there? And the best part, they are all natural – chemical and aluminum free.
Usually, when I search for a Black-owned product, I start with Target – online or in-store. The store does a great job at carrying products produced by POC. However, retailers like Amazon, Walmart, etc., carry black-owned deodorant brands. Keep scrolling to review our top six choices of Black-owned deodorants you should roll with (pun intended).
Top Black-Owned Deodorant Brands
- Play Pitts – There’s a reason why thousands of families worldwide love our non-toxic natural deodorant: it’s perfect for sensitive skin, smells glorious, and keeps the entire family smelling fresh.
- Art of Sport – Aluminum-free deodorant in a high-performance, motion-activated formula infused with natural botanicals Matcha and Arrowroot. Glides on clear; no stains or marks. Stay calm, fresh, and on your grind all day.
- Alaffia Everyday Coconut – Alaffia’s tropical coconut-activated deodorant, with soothing coconut, purifying neem, odor-neutralizing charcoal, protective shea, and nourishing reishi, will leave you fresh all day.
- Garner’s Garden Activated Charcoal Natural Deodorant – We have now added activated charcoal to our deodorants for extra protection and less irritation. Our all-natural activated charcoal deodorant will keep odors at bay for 12+ hours! From everyday usage to sporting activities, this activated charcoal natural deodorant will protect you against odors all day by using powerful clays, powders, aluminum-free baking soda, and therapeutic-grade essential oils. Our organic charcoal deodorant is safe for adults and kids!
- Nubian Heritage Venture Out Deodorant Collection – Raw Shea Butter 24-Hour Deodorant from Nubian Heritage brings the scent of kings to your daily routine. Feel empowered daily with the regal aroma of frankincense and myrrh while raw shea butter and aloe pamper delicate underarm skin.
- Iyoba – Our natural baking soda-free and aluminum-free deodorant contains special natural enzymes that help eliminate body odor by fighting odor-causing bacteria. Skin moisturizing aloe vera imparts a silky smooth quality.
In addition to being Black-owned, all-natural deodorants do the same as regular deodorants. Not only do organic deodorants help prevent smelly pits, but they also don’t clog our pores. The best thing about this list is it doesn’t end here. There are more brands that our community is just waiting to discover! What is your favorite deodorant brand? Comment below!