There is nothing like relaxed hair. Sometimes the time it takes to do your natural hair may be too much of a hassle. Just like natural hair, you must take care of your relaxed hair. Easier management doesn’t mean your hair still won’t take work. Since a relaxer is a chemical, it is even more critical that you keep your hair healthy.
What is one thing that relaxed hair needs? MOISTURE! Therefore, if you aren’t careful, you can experience increased breakage or dullness from damage. Unfortunately, adverse effects of relaxers are widespread. Thus, a good moisturizer will protect and reverse damage from the chemicals.
We all know that picking the right product can be tricky and slightly exhausting. As a result, we have put together a guide for the best moisturizers for relaxed hair.
Top Moisturizers for Relaxed Hair
- Best Overall: Design Essentials Botanical Oils Hair And Body Moisturizer -This mineral oil-free product is great for medium to coarse textures in different hair types. This moisturizer is a great overall product for relaxed hair.
- Best for Fighting Breakage: Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Hair Moisturizer – Made from almond, avocado, jojoba, wheat protein, and olive oils. It keeps your hair moisturized for days and safe for color-treated tresses.
- Best for Preventing Dryness: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate -This hydrate from Shea Moisture is made from a honey and yogurt formula that uses the natural properties of honey as a humectant to prevent dryness from setting in and keeping moisture from escaping the hair follicles.
- Best for Detangling: Dove Amplified Textures Deep Moisture Detangler – This moisturizer is infused with coconut milk, which makes it great at detangling hair and amplifying the already existing texture in your hair.
- Best for Shine: Dove Amplified Textures Curls & Waves Finishing Gel – This is made from buttercream and is a great way to get some extra shine out of your relaxed hair. Users loved its ability to activate curls and provide a smooth slip that is easy to rinse.
It is vital to your hair’s health to keep your hair moisturized. One sign of damaged hair is dry hair. Leaving it like that too long creates permanent damage. Hair moisturizers are the most accessible and ordinary lifestyle change needed.
What is your favorite hair moisturizer? Comment below!